A City Law Firm offers specialist legal advice to technology companies and have acted for a variety of such business ranging from start ups to well established companies. We are recognised as experts in this field and are regularly asked to speak at technology business events including those hosted at NatWest, Digital Catapult, DEN Live, WeWorks and Campus.
We understand and appreciate the difficulties technology companies face when balancing their innovations with funding, then regulations and the law. We act for many companies who are disrupting their market space including in FinTech, EdTech, AdTech and FashTech; Our lawyers relish these challenges.
We have also advised clients in a range of innovative technologies including those in virtual reality/ mixed reality, blockchain, artificial intelligence, IoT and Big Data.
We have represented numerous technology clients through multiple investment rounds from initial seed funding upward. We understand this sector and the typical demands of investors. Our experience offers you a safe pair of hands at a demanding time.
How can we help?
- Getting your business ready for investment: We will carry out preliminary legal due diligence which an sophisticated investor is likely to do, so that to highlight to you in advance the areas that need addressing and resolving.
- We can advise and represent you during the entire investment process from drafting or negotiating term sheets, assisting with due diligence, to drafting and negotiating shareholders agreements, subscription agreements and disclosure letters. We also advise and assist clients with all their resolutions, filings and registration requirements.
- Invite you along to our events to learn more & meet the experts, who help you prepare and deliver pitch decks, financial forecasts , structure EIS/SEIS and claim R & D funding as well as much more.
Our commercial team have advised and supported a number of FinTech businesses using an array technologies including Big Data, block chain and smart contracts.
Our lawyers are innovative and quickly grasp new ideas and concepts so that they can expertly guide you through the regulatory and legal challenges ahead.
We work closely with trusted partners to ensure that your FinTech business is compliant with all relevant taxes both in the UK and internationally.
A City Law Firm are recognised as a leading pioneer of FashTech, and recently led a legal workshop and moderated a panel of FashTech investors.
We have represented a number of businesses within the sector, including in Wearable Tech, Virtual Reality and those revolutionising the supply chain.
Our team offers a comprehensive array of technology law and general corporate and commercial law services including intellectual property advice and protection, development contracts, founder agreements, bespoke terms and conditions, cyber security, GDPR compliant policies, data protection and privacy.
We also offer bespoke start-up and scale-up fee packages see here for more information.
Examples of technology contracts we can assist with include:
- Software Developer Contracts
- Game Development Contracts
- App Developers Contracts
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Agreements
- End User Licenses
- IP assignments and licensing
- Royalty Agreements
- Terms and conditions for Apps and websites
- Website terms and conditions
- Privacy statements
- Website disclaimers
- Data Protection policies
Our litigation team and commercial team work closely on any contract disputes or IP infringement so that our litigation team are quickly made aware of your business so that disputes can be resolved quickly and efficiently.
We pride ourselves on not just providing solid and comprehensive legal advice but, as recognised by our award for 'Most Innovative Law Firm, London 2016', thinking outside the box and offering smart and practical solutions.
Our team are friendly and proactive and our fees are always competitive. We do not talk in jargon and hope to build a lasting relationship with you throughout the life time of your business.